After installing 'WPBot Facebook Messenger Addon' plugin, you will be redirect to the WPBot Facebook Settings Page
In Setting page there are couple of fields you have to fillup.
- Enable Facebook Bot : Please turn it on to enable facebook bot on top of WPBot.
- Facebook Verify Token : Please provide a verify token which is random unique character. Facebook will use this token for verification chanllange. You also add the same token in facebook app settings page which is discused in below section.
- Page Access Token : You have to provide the Page Access Token here which you can find in facebook app settings page in Access Tokens section. We have provided step by step instruction for creating a facebook app in below section.
- Callback URL : This is the main url where facebook will interact with the WPBot. You have to copy the url and paste it into the Webhooks Callback URL field in Facebook app settings page. We have provided step by step instruction for creating a facebook app in below section.
1. Create A Facebook APP
First you have to go to the https://developers.facebook.com/ and you have to logged in by using your facebook account.
- First you have to go to the https://developers.facebook.com/ and you have to logged in by using your facebook account. After that you will see a menu called “My Apps” and underneath of My Apps there is another menu called “Add New App”. Please click on the “Add New App” Menu.
- A Popup box will show up and should say Create a New App ID. Please provide a Display name for your app and Contact email then hit the Create App ID button.
- After successfully created the App ID you will be redirect to Dashboard page the the App. Here you will see a form like below screenshot. Please fill the form and hit the “Save Change” Button.
- After you have done with Basic settings you have add products in your facebook app. In order to do that please click on “Products” button from left menu.
- Now you suppose to redirect to “Add A Product” page. Here all facebook product listed you just click on the Setup button for Messenger.
- Now Messenger supposed to added to your product list. Now scroll down to “Access Tokens” Section from Messenger Settings Page and select your facebook page from page dropdown( If you don’t have any page then you need to create one) and then Edit Permissions. After Permission get done then you will see the Page Access Token in Page Access Token field. Now you have copy the Page Access Token and add it to the WPBot Facebook settings page in Page Access Token field.
- Now scroll down to Webhooks section and click on Subscribe To Events.
- A New Page Subscription form will show up like below screenshot. In Callback URL field you have to provide the Callback URL(The url must by start with https://) you got in WPBot Facebook Setting Page and Verify Token you have created in WPBot Facebook Setting in Verify Token field. After that check all the Subscription Fields and hit “Verify and Save” button. Please note before hit the “Verify and Save” button you have save the WPBot Facebook Setting page.
- After that yo have to select a page from Select A Page dropdown to subscribe your webhook to the page events.
- Now you have pretty much done all the setup and its time to publish the app.
- If everything goes well then your page will automatically reply to users message.
To get priority support, please open a support ticket with us.
Any feedback or feature requests are most welcome. We will try to incorporate your valuable suggestions with
Developed by Professional Web Design and Development Company QuantumCloud
Partner with us if you need any design or development
help with your website!
Sources and Credits
We have shamelessly borrowed code and ideas from the following great open source projects (Thanks!):